Monday, June 21, 2010

The view from my desk


I got up bright and early to jaunt off down to London for my first day at the gallery. I was a bit nervous and had loads of dreams last night about how it could all go wrong, especially opening up and setting up on my own but it went well. I nearly didn't get to the alarm in time to turn it off but I got there in the nick of time! I turned all the lights on, put the music on, opened the shutter, switched the sign to open and I was ready for the swarms of people..... I was waiting a long time. I had an appointment at eleven with a Belgium art dealer who was looking to exhibit his artists over in London. My tour and explanation seemed to go down well but then he swanned off to meet someone at Christie's, daaaaarling. I was there on my own all day until the curator turned up in the late afternoon and it was nice to actually talk to someone. We rehung some of the paintings in the exhibition before she had a meeting with an artist interested in the space. I only wish I was being paid for working! I struggled back through London with the laptop in the heat and got back to Sandy at eight to meet the girls for a drink. It was lovely because it was the first time in ages that I've seen Claire as she's been on her year abroad and it's the last time I'll see Em for six weeks as she is off travelling in South America. Lucky buggers. We sat in a pub garden and then went to the chip shop for some dinner. It was a really lovely evening - thank you, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment