Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Meal in Woburn


Got a better night's sleep last night as my cold is getting better and woke up at ten to give the Parger his Father's Day presents - I got him Geoff Hurst's autobiography and two compilation CD's: one of 80's dance hits and one of Ibiza Chilled numbers. Don't ask. He has a unique taste in music. Sarah got him a variety of beers and ciders and 'Iron Man' on DVD. We went to The Birch at Woburn for a late lunch and it's really lovely there. Pretty pricey but the food is great and I wasn't paying. Always makes it better. I went for some sort of duck and sage pate with a more fancy name, followed by a roast leg of lamb with immense roast potatos and posh vegetables. I didn't really want any of the puddings but went for the apple and blueberry crumble with crumble as it was a set meal. I accidentally made the Marger cry with talk of funerals but cheered her up with some jokes. Popped to James' for a bit but then came back home to make a pasta salad for my lunch tomorrow at the gallery and transfer my stuff over to my new handbag. I was planning to get an early night but a brilliant episode of 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' distracted me. But it just finished so now I shall sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment