Sunday, June 13, 2010

Download: And it rained and rained and rained


This morning, the weather looked amazing so I again put on a dress and leggings with my jacket. We had to pop to the Co-Op because my old boots were falling apart and the nice lady there gave me some packing tape to stick them back together. When we got to Download, the weather was absolutely boiling and it looked like the weather reports of rain were false. But little did we know, the rain was on its way. We watched Slash and his band play although it was mainly cringeworthy Guns n' Roses songs. Pretty awkward as he's meant to be touring his new solo album. I spotted the rain clouds on the horizon so we went to one of the tented stages to shelter from the rain. It absolutely tipped it down. We were in this tent for about two and a half hours, waiting for it to stop but it never did. One band we experienced were 'Whitechapel', an American death core group. I don't even know what 'death core' is. Necessity meant we had to watch them though. The rain did not appear to be letting up so James ran to the nearest stalls and bought two shoddy ponchos - one of which I'm sporting in the picture. They were £5 each! But we really needed them to watch Motorhead and could have done with some wellies too as the grass had turned to mud and there were puddles everywhere. So many people had already given up and left the arena so we managed to get quite close to the front. The tape had fallen off my boots by this time so the water and mud poured in and somehow, the mud managed to get into my socks! Awful feeling. We gave up after Motorhead and headed back to the shuttle bus. This was a mission in itself as the whole place had turned into a swamp but I gave up trying to stay dry and charged through the puddles. Now I know what it's always like for Glastonbury! I wonder how many people stayed for Aerosmith? We drove back to Leicester, grabbed our stuff from the house, handed in my keys to the estate agents and now we're driving back home singing to some Led Zeppelin..... James is better at it than I am. And it's still [insert your own swear word] raining!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment