Friday, June 25, 2010

The Great British Meal


England loves curry more than they like a roast dinner apparently. It's not true of my family but tonight me and James walked from home to The Akbar to a good old English curry. It's the only place I can really walk to from home - everywhere else is a bit of a trek. Or maybe I'm just lazy! It's a nice small place with only a few tables but the food is good and the staff are attentive. Everytime we order too much so instead of having rice and a naan with my main, I took a leaf out of Harker's book and went for just a naan. Excellent life choice. As always, I went a bit too mental on the poppadoms, mango chutney and luminous onion. I'm still not sure why it's so red. Now watching another 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' - I think I'm addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment