Monday, August 16, 2010

The view from the Street


It was foggy this morning when I woke up at ten. Not a light mist but actual fog. We don't even get fog in English summers so I have no idea what it's in the South of France. As there seemed to be no prospect of sun, we decided to go to a local Bastille town called something like 'Villefrance'. As I was reading my book the whole way there, I didn't see any signs and this is my spelling of the way we were pronouncing the place. Anyway, we got there and the sun almost immediately came out. Typical. The town was beautiful and we stopped for a spot of lunch before exploring. Me and Grace have been craving chips for the last few days and Holly managed to find a little cafe that sold a sandwich, chips and a drink for €6.80. Expensive for England but cheap for over here. This is my wonderful salmon sandwich with the view of the bell tower in the background. We went into the lovely cathedral after lunch and all ventured up the tower, even James! He hates heights, maybe even more than I hate birds, but he managed to get up there. Coming back down the spiral stairs was a bit more terrifying for him but he did it. I bought the inflatable to beat all other inflatables from a toy shop: it is half sofa, half lilo with a hole to put your legs through and a drinks holder. It may have cost me £14.95 but it was worth every penny. I like to call it the 'Queens's Carriage'. I also bought a Van Gogh colouring book before realising that I don't actually have any colouring pencils with me. Good one. When we got back to the house, it was still quite sunny so we all got in the pool. My new inflatable is brilliant but did take up quite a lot of room. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment