Sunday, August 22, 2010

Holiday washing


Everyone's house and garden look like this when they get back from holiday, full of wet and dry clothes with the washing machine on and the ironing board up. The Marger has been working hard all day but with it being really warm today, the majority of stuff dried on the line and she could do the ironing in the sunshine. Jayne and Barry have only just got back after their long drive back from France. They encountered lots of traffic after they left the camp site this morning and were much later going under the Channel than they thought they would be. I dropped James off at his house this morning and then spent the rest of the day sorting through the millions of pictures that I've taken over the last two weeks whilst catching up with the latest series of 'Ugly Betty'. I also finished reading Marger's copy of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and it is so good. Well worth a read. And if you're like me and assumed it was about kung-fu and Ancient China, then you're wrong. It's a crime thriller set in Sweden. I'm not quite sure where I got that impression from but it's one of the best books that I've read in a long time. Now I've got to wait for her to finish the second one. It might be easier to buy it myself......

No comments:

Post a Comment