Thursday, August 19, 2010

Swim time


Finally, a fully sunny day! Excellent. I only had biscuits for breakfast because I was so eager to get in the sunshine. I tried to help Auntie Jayne to swim and gave her some pointers on floating, I read a lot of one of the books that Katie recommended which is shaping up to be brilliant, ate an immense lunch of salad, bread, quiche and fish fingers and tanned a lot in the Queen's Carriage. Best £14.95 I've ever spent. Probably. Tonight Marger and Jayne cobbled together some dinner from what we have left in the house. It was quite reminiscent of 'Ready Steady Cook' but without Ainsley Harriot and with a lot more wine. It was some sort of sausage and rice dish with the choice of two sauces: Mexican chilli with corriander and Leek and mustard. Very interesting indeed. I think even Ainsley would struggle to think of kind words.... Everyone has just been out for a night swim in the pool but we're now settling down the the lounge to watch the holiday video. Mainly Nanny trumping.....

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed the tales of the holiday and look forward to hearing more when you get home! I somehow sense your frustration with the weather Emma !!! Debra

    ReplyDelete