Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sarah's 19th Birthday


Today is Sarah's nineteenth birthday. She isn't a fan of having her photo taken (apparently) which is why she's holding one of her birthday cards in front of her face here. We woke up early to give her her presents and she got loads of stuff. There is a jewellery brand who make rings that you wear as a stack together - James and I clubbed together to buy one, as did Nanny, Grandad, Jayne and Barry and Marge and Parge brought two others. She also got books, CDs, DVDs, an oversized Paul's Boutique bag, a voucher for a driving experience at Silverstone and a camera. I picked up Ginn at half nine and we went to the bra shop near Leicester. They'd got a brilliant new stock in so I bought a new bikini, bringing my total up to a grand two, and Ginn got one matching underwear set and an extra bra. I managed to get back home in time for lunch so the Mercer Four went out for lunch to The Old Maltings in Biggleswade. I obviously went for the cheese Ploughmans to eat. When we got home, I did a quick bit of packing for holiday before getting ready to go out again for food this evening. Both James' came round, although James II was fourty minutes late. Awkward.... We headed to The Black Horse in Ireland, which is actually a local village rather than the actual country! Their food is amazing and it's a beautiful place - I went for the salmon and creme fraiche mousse to start, followed by the lamb roulade and a pudding made from cappachino ice cream, meringue, chocolate sauce and bits of hazelnut. Bit ranky and chewy but the rest was beaut. I love eating a lot. It's one of my favourite hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment