Monday, August 30, 2010

Another barbecue


Today I had another barbecue at James' house after a lovely long sleep. His uncle has a new partner so it was held in honour of her coming up to meet the family. It was the day of the annual Soap Box Derby where kids race down the hill in home-made karts so the road was closed off and all we could hear all day was the megaphone. As always, there were a few crashes into the spectators on the sides which they try to limit with hay bales. Despite the dodgy weather, we managed to eat outside but had to head in for coffee as it started to rain. The food was immense - lots of meat, fish and excellent roast potatos. We stayed inside for the rest of the day as it was so windy and James and his cousin played some sort of xBox game for a while while I ate lots of flapjacks. We watched University Challenge tonight and I surpassed myself by beating my last score of ten and ended up with eleven. Get in. I met Liz, Kat, Vick, Shep and Em up the pub tonight as Liz is off to Croatia for a dub-step festival and Vick's going back up to Nottingham for a holiday and a new job.but now I need to sleep as I've had a knackering weekend. Back to the work slog again tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment