Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally sunshine!


I woke up this morning to lovely lovely sunshine so I speedily ate breakfast and got my bikini on! It was brilliant sun all day so I spent the whole day smothered in sun cream and got much more of a tan. The new inflatable came in very handy and I've now mastered a way of getting on and off without getting too wet - I've even made full use of the drinks holder. I read a whole book today, bringing my holiday total to nine and I've only got two left. Although the Marger has leant me her new copy of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' which she loved so that will keep me going for the journey back home. Tonight, Marge and Parge made dinner and they went for the very Southern European dish of tortilla with Mediterranean vegetables and couscous with feta cheese. YUM. This is our view from our outside dinner table and we get a lovely backdrop of the end of the valley. The noises in the night air have been a bit weird as we had the usual bells from the cows and horses neighing but also the shrill noise of pigs which could be the wild boar population of the area. There was also lots of dogs howling and it was suggested they could be wolves. I don't think the South of France is notorious for its wolf packs but you never know. I just hope I can't hear it all from my bedroom!

1 comment:

  1. been reading this everyday not from when you went away but from the start.
    glad to here u finally have some sunshine hope your all taking lots of pictures for me to look at, at some point.
    say hello to everyone for me and i'll keep my fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed for it staying sunny so you can top up ur tan. :) x

    ReplyDelete