Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Treats


My main food staples today have been Thornton's Chocolates left over from the weekend and Party Rings that the Marge bought me as a treat. Brilliant. It's amazing how the promise of a coffee truffle can spur you on to type more words. I think I would get so much more done in life if there was always a promise of a truffle at the end. I've finished the first draft of the first chapter of my dissertation and want to send it into my tutor but I'm scared. Katie, Duncan and I have been e-mailing him recently for help with our chapters but his replies are always blunt and quite rude. He's lovely in real life but isn't very good at cyber communication. Or maybe he's horrible in real life too but hides it well?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Emma,

    I need some more advice. I would like to know what 24 year old guys in england wear. Like what do normal guys wear, I am planning for my summer in the UK and I don't want to stand out like a poorly fashioned American. Right now I am particularly interested to know what shoes I should get. So any input would be great!

    Thanks
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    There are lots of fashions for men at the moment but you can't go wrong if you get out the Topman website. I don't know if you've heard of Topshop and Topman but it is the most popular high street shop here. I know a flagship store has just opened in New York.. Check out their website at: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=12555&catalogId=17551
    They also have a US site with a link at the top right corner.

    The shoes that are most in fashion at the moment would probably be boots like these: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=95277&parent_category_rn=38998&productId=1513408&langId=-1

    Or canvas shoes like these: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=60952&parent_category_rn=38998&productId=1580479&langId=-1

    Good luck!
    E x

    ReplyDelete