Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The funny smell


This afternoon, a funny smell has plagued our living room. I noticed it when getting a cup of tea and then Laura thought I'd had some toast because it smelt of burning but quite sweet. It was almost like burnt caramel or a cake that had burnt a bit around the edges. It kept getting stronger and we really couldn't work out what it could be. It didn't smell outside and it wasn't as strong in the kitchen or my room. Marger couldn't think what it could be but I think James has worked it out. Apparently, these old terraced houses have interconnecting chimneys so next door had probably burnt something and it had crept through to us. Laura and I thought we were being gassed! My presentation seemed to go well earlier but I've now passed seamlessly onto the next one, albeit with breaks for 'The Good Wife', 'The West Wing' and 'Shameless'! I'm going to try and get a good night's sleep as I've got to be up at 6:45 in the morning for tomorrow's uni trip to Ipswich..... Early mornings are the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment