Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Third Year Student Essentials


I never realised how much work third year would be. Everyone always says it's hard but you don't really know how much until you're in it and it's too late. Hopefully after the next few months, I will never have to use these items again: a hot water bottle, dissertation-related books and dissertation-related notepads. I don't really want to hear the 'd' word ever again. Being cold and stressed is not a good combination. The pressure of the end of term seems getting to everyone this week. Vicki and Laura's dissertations are due in next Friday so it's panic central in our house at the moment. Oh, for the quiet life. Well, I shouldn't complain because at least I'm not working nine to five at some meaningless job. I'm all tucked up in bed now with freshly clean sheets that have just been put on. That plus two hot water bottles is as good as it gets at the moment......

2 comments:

  1. What do the hot water bottles do? That must be an English thing. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's to keep me warm! It's freezing here at the moment and us students are too poor to have the heating on. Lots of layers, ski socks and two hot water bottles - lovely!
    E x

    ReplyDelete