Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A freezing day in Ipswich


Today was the second early morning of the week. I really don't know how I'm going to manage getting up for a job everyday. I really can't handle it. We had a class trip to Ipswich to look at the remaining gothic sculpture they have there and it was a bit of a trek down. Katie took me, Sarah and Emily in the newly-nicknamed 'CoCo Ka' and we followed Robyn all the way with Ruth bringing up the rear. After a three hour car journey and a quick stop for breakfast, we eventually arrived in Ipswich and it was rather different to what we had expected. Interesting combination of buildings but a lovely wet dock with a Pizza Express. We met a friend of our lecturer, Phillip, who took us around all the medieval churches as he is something like head of the restoration committee there. John was a very jolly man with lots of interesting knowledge which made it a very enjoyable day. One of the highlights was lunch in a great little pub where I made the mistake of having a pint of Aspalls cider with my smothered chicken - I wasn't drunk but I don't think I could have legally driven a car! Bad times. Got back to Leicester at the quite resonable time of seven and despite trying do do some work, I'm too tired to function properly. I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment