Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Venice from the Campanile


Today we got up early and had a lovely breakfast at the hotel - I went for the bread rolls with various cheeses, Margey had yoghurt and a croissant and Fatty BoomBoom had yoghurt and bread with blackcurrant jam but at the rate she ate the jam, there won't be any tomorrow! To beat the tourist queues, we went up the Campanile first to see this amazing view over Venice. Due to its height and location, you can't actually see any of the many canals from the top. FACT. I was the map reader today and managed to get us over to the Ca' d'Oro which houses a magnificent art collection and was a great place to play the waving game from. The Waving Game began when I was in Venice with university last year and is basically waving at the people on the water buses until they wave back! Not exactly rocket science but it's really enjoyable when people wave back and it always makes them smile. Simple things please simple minds! We grabbed some lunch on our way to the old Jewish Ghetto and then wandered through all the tiny alleyways to get to the Rialto bridge. We have been really lucky with the weather again today and me and Margey have got little red noses from the sun! Hopefully tomorrow will be the same.... Unfortunately, my flat little black shoes have been rubbing my feet so I've had to resort back to the dreaded Birkenstocks that were the only pair of shoes I wore for the five weeks we were in Italy last year. Needless to say, they smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment