Monday, April 19, 2010

Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Cambridge


As I've been working so hard, James took me out for lunch in Cambridge today. He finally finished his marketing essay yesterday so we went to Anglia Ruskin first so he could hand it and headed into town. We wandered around for a bit before deciding on Jamie's. It's opposite the Corn Exchange and is pretty non-descript from the outside. But inside, it's beautiful. I can't remember what it was before but it has a massive dome and marble pillars and they've installed the kitchen along one side. Just as we went in, who should walk in but the cox of the Cambridge team from this year's boat race. He seemed fairly nice but the girls he was with were poncey Cambridge girls who tried to push to the front of the queue - the maitre d' was having none of it. We had an Italian bread selection to start, I had the sausage pappardelle for my main and James had the prawn linguine. We didn't have the room for a pudding each so we shared a chocolate, raspberry and amaretto brownie. YUM. I would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment