Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Leaders Debate


This is television gold. We have a general election coming up on the 6th of May so for the first time, we are having a series of live debates with Gordon Brown, Nick Clegg and David Cameron. All the leaders have gone for a tie of the colour of their party apart from Brown who has chosen a cheeky bright pink. I though I was pretty sure about who was getting my vote but this has really shook it up. Cameron appears to have had a spray tan and is a bit too smug while not actually answering the questions. Brown is getting in some brilliant digs at Cameron which has made me like him more although I know it's not about how witty the candidate is. Clegg is making some great points but is getting a bit sidelined by the other two although they both keep brown-nosing him: 'I love you, Nick (but I hate you, David)'. It's much better than I thought it would be and there is two debates on the way. I hope this brings the importance of voting to the awareness of more people and especially young people. I think it's terrible that some people don't vote because it is so important! Vote, everyone, vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment