Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Minute of Mayhem

Today was the funeral of Malcolm McLaren. His son and his step-son from his relationship with Vivienne Westwood encouraged people to have a 'minute of mayhem' at twelve o'clock whilst the funeral happened. They wanted people to do what ever they wanted in memory of McLaren. I was sitting at my computer working and Sarah was catching up with some TV in the yellow room so at twelve, I blasted 'Anarchy in the UK' out of my computer and we jumped around the living room for the length of the song. It wasn't exactly anarchic or total mayhem but it certainly tired us out! The funeral sounded entirely fitting for the godfather of punk but it's still sad that people of our generation are dying. The older we get, the more things get real. Scary stuff. But I did enjoy jumping around for a few minutes! For some reason, the internet on my phone isn't working so for the first time, I'm having to upload this via a computer. So if it looks different, that's why......

No comments:

Post a Comment