Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Venice - the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Square


We woke up extremely early this morning so Pargey could drop me, Sarah and the Marger off at Stanstead for half five so we could get in a full day in Venice. Our flight was on time and I slept the whole way which I normally don't do but if anything, it made me more tired! We didn't fly directly into Venice but to an airport that is 30 minutes away so we had to catch a coach. After the coach, we got on the water bus from the station and headed to our hotel. It's 30 seconds away from San Marco so in a great location for getting around and eating. For lunch, I went for the tourist menu of a nearby restaurant: lasagne to start followed by grilled chicken with lemon and chips. YUM. This afternoon we walked along the front until we left touristy Venice behind and found some real Venetians and a lovely park. Had a quick peach ice tea (the best foreign drink) before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. It wasn't great and for once, I disliked both my main course and my pudding. Quite rare for me but as usual, you can't go wrong with bruschetta as a starter!

No comments:

Post a Comment