Saturday, September 11, 2010

Marco Pierre White? More like food poisoning central.


What I though was going to be a lovely day has turned into a bit of a nightmare. James and I had planned today in celebration of our five year anniversary, or rather I had. We take it in turn to organise and this year it was my turn. I'd planned for us to go down to London, spend a couple of hours in London Aquarium and then have a lovely meal at Marco Pierre White's restaurant on Kings Road. The day did not quite plan out like that. James bought me a bracelet on Thursday which wasn't quite my style so we exchanged it this morning in Cambridge. I now have a beautiful red Swarovski (or however you spell it) crystal heart necklace. It's not something that I'd normally go for but I really love it. After James had a quick nap - he was pretty hungover from going out last night with Dom and Tommy - we got ready and headed down to London. I thought I'd left plenty of time to get to the aquarium as when I rang up, they told me that last admissions were at seven and it closed at eight. They told me wrongly. We arrived at quarter past six and it was already closed. Fail One. There was a free mini festival going on up the river so we wandered around there for a while which was actually quite nice! The Cadbury's Stars v. Stripes campaign was there with lots of games for the people to play which were hilarious to watch. We eventually got back on the tube and headed along to Sloane Square where we walked down Kings Road to get to the restaurant. We walked past some beautiful shops and bars but when we got to 386, it was opposite a Carphone Warehouse. Glamorous. It was really cramped in there and our table was perched in the aisle so we were in the way of everyone. Fail Two. We both went for the roasted pepper soup to start which was really lovely. But the main was something else. Again, we chose the same thing: supreme of chicken with creamed leeks. What actually arrived was some awful-quality flattened chicken with cress and plum sauce chucked on it. Fail Three. I thought I couldn't go wrong with the sticky toffee pudding but it was tepid and served with a pathetic excuse for ice cream. Fail Four. We quickly paid the bill and got out of there, only for me to throw up twice on the way to the tube. Once was in McDonalds' toilets. And I vommed whilst wearing my lovely Vivienne Westwood earrings for the first time. Fail One Million. I'm now feeling really weak and empty but thankfully we're on the way home. Marco Pierre White? Rubbish excuse for a celebrity chef. Give me Gordon any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment