Friday, September 3, 2010

Birthday Boy


Today has been very busy with work and going out for James' dad's birthday tonight. I popped into Hitchin before work to buy Denis' present which because everyone needs to read it, I bought him 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'. I started work at midday and continued setting up for the wedding. We'd done a lot of it last night but there were a few last minute bits to do like table settings and name cards. I managed a few quick bites for lunch but it wasn't great. I gave out the welcome drinks which killed my arms again, served some drinks on the tab but then I got to go home! It was nice to leave without working the whole wedding. Tonight, we've been out to The Chequers in Stotfold which has just been redone. It's beautiful inside but their organisation wasn't great. They've only just opened this week after their decoration so the new staff were confused with everything. I went for the satay chicken and then their beef medallions in a Stilton and peppercorn sauce. The food was absolutely lovely. We didn't have pudding or coffee there but came back and I made Irish coffees for everyone. Instead of waking me up, it's just made me even more sleepy.... But we're now playing 'The Humourous Humming Game'!

No comments:

Post a Comment