Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hungry for Mexican


I've had a delightful day today with no work. The sun was shining and I could actually go out in it rather than just look at it through the window. I met Sarah and Jaymo this afternoon for a coffee and a cake. It was back to school today for the teachers and Sarah is helping out for the next two weeks before she goes back to uni, so I met them at school and we headed into Biggleswade. We caught up on all the gossip over millionaire's shortbread, some of which was hysterical - the gossip, not the shortbread. When I got back, I started the second in the Millenium trilogy, 'The Girl Who Played With Fire', which is fantastic, if not better than the first one. I read for as long as I could in the sunshine before I needed to get ready for Em picking me up to go out. The four of us went to Chiquitos as I had a voucher (as always) and we proceeded to stuff ourselves with Mexican food. The restaurant was busy and we didn't eat until twenty past nine so we were nearly hysterical with hunger but I eventually had the potato skins, followed by the chicken and ribs which were both brilliant. I don't know how people manage three courses there because we were full up after one! The journey home was hilarious although Shep did run over a rabbit. I should now actually go to sleep but I need to read some more of this book! I could be here for a while....

No comments:

Post a Comment